Home Staging During the Holidays
Putting your property on the market during the holiday season can be very advantageous… After all, potential buyers are more serious and there is less competition! As always, it is critical to stage your property so that buyers can picture themselves living there.
These top 6 holiday staging tips will give you maximum results:
1. Curb Appeal: Make the front door your focal point. Instead of inflatable decorations on the lawn, a tasteful wreath on the door is more welcoming. If you have the space, a pair of beautiful urns will frame the front door effectively. In the foyer, add a framed photo of what your home looks like in the summer.
2. First Impressions: 72% of buyers’ first impressions are formed in your foyer. As soon as they step inside, appeal to as many of their senses as possible…soft instrumental music, holiday cookies on a plate, a gorgeous carpet on the floor and proper lighting will set the tone for their visit.
3. Jingle Bells (or not): When choosing decorations, remember that “less is more”. Buyers want to see your home’s features, so don’t cover up the fireplace and staircase with garlands and bows.
4. Wrapping Galore: Before each showing, put away your bows, tags, ribbon and wrapping paper neatly so when buyers open a closet, they aren’t bombarded with it. Try to find an area in the basement that could serve as a craft room and keep it neat at all times.
5. Safe Landing: Be sure to clear away all snow and ice from your driveway and entrance before each showing… Make it safe and easy for buyers to get to the front door.
6. Dress It Up: In the winter, most buyers shop on the internet from the warmth of their home. BEFORE listing, hire a professional stager who will ensure your photos on the internet entice buyers to come and have a look at your property. Stay ahead of the competition.
Looking for an expert’s touch? We work with Realtors and families across the GTA.
Call us: 416-931-TOGO (8646)
Or email: email@example.com
Teresa is the Owner of Design To Go, an expert service for home staging and interior decorating. Visit her website:www.designtogo.ca